Ive done a lot of initial CFI check rides in that last 2 months. The good news is they all did pretty well over all. Some of the weak points......
1. Aircraft systems. (AOO III, Task C)
2. Slips to a landing (AOO VII, Task G)
3. Lazy Eights (AOO IX, Task D)
4. Spin recovery Knowledge (AOO XI, Task G). Yes, I know if you have the endorsement I don't have to have you do spins but it doesn't stop me from asking about spins. The problem has been with knowing the proper spin recovery procedure and why we do it that way.
5. Systems and equipment malfunctions (AOO XIII, Task B)