CFI ASE check ride weakness'
1. Explain how one obtains a student pilot certificate.
2. What are the requirements for a flight review? You are conducting a flight review for a commercial pilot who hold both airplane and helicopter ratings. Can you do the flight review? If you do the flight review in the airplane can this pilot still fly the helicopter or does he need another flight review?
3. Explain how Vx and Vy change with altitude?
4. Do you you the same indicated airspeed landing at Denver as you would landing at Tampa? Why does our landing distance increase with the increase in altitude?
1. Stall recovery procedures
3. Cross wind take off and landings
4. Simulated engine failure procedures.
5. Eights on Pylons.
I focus on the basics for CFI check rides. Note, these are the same weakness' I see in private and commercial applicants. If these items are weak on the private and commercial rides, its reasonable to think flight instructors are weak in teaching these. Lets spend some time focusing on these things. Thanks!
Leave a Reply.